When what you need is results
You need a tough champion who has taken on large institutions and wins. At the law offices of Scott J. Bloch, PA, you will obtain representation from a tough advocate who has taken on big government and won, taken on big corporations and won, and helped his clients to realize their goals of obtaining justice and making a difference. See Scott Bloch on recent television program on the plight of contractors in Iraq. Watch the segment here, linked in from defense base act blog:
See this piece Bloch on Scandal of Mistreatment of Veterans Fighting for America as Contractors, Bloch on aviation safety on national whistleblower issues by Bloch, addressing his role in overcoming odds, or this piece Washington Times Bloch Editorial on Hatch Act Report reflecting how he combated partisanship in national decisionmaking. Whether it involves federal agency or government contracting issues, consumer fraud, whistleblower disclosures, personal injury, or defense base injuries or contract disputes, you need an effective advocate with a proven record of achievement to combat the challenges to obtaining justice in an increasingly complex world. With his collaborations with other accomplished attorneys, he brings national resources to achieving your goals.
Recent results include:
- $2 million plus award for victim of explosion in Iraq
- Obtained death benefits for widow in Iraq contractor suicide case, go here to read more
- Settled PTSD and physical injuries claims of Iraq linguist for $650,000
- Obtained $1,000,000 in overall benefits for Iraq widow after recent award and then subsequent settlement
- Settled PTSD and physical injury claims for KBR trucker for $475,000
- Settled claim recently for dental injuries for over $500,000 total
- Filed class action in California recently against contractor AECOM for breach of contract and fraud for aviation mechanics misled as to qualifications required for job
- Filed a class action for $2 billion against top government contractors on behalf of injured employees worldwide, go here to read more
- Filed action against large law firm seeking over $50 million in damages for improper billing practices, go here to read more
- Filed $500 million qui tam whistleblower action against major defense contractor for overbilling government and fictitious services, under seal currently in federal court
- Filed a PRESS RELEASE Suit against Xe Blackwater for in excess of $240,000,000 on behalf of former employees in Iraq and Afghanistan who were misclassified as independent contractors (See reporting on suit here)
- Filed national class action for WSI firefighters for lost wages and fraud
- Filed action against national nursing home chain for sexual abuse and fraudulent acts
- Settled class action for overtime against major food service company
- National class action settlement valued at $300 million, In re Dex Cool against General Motors
- $1 million plus settlement over the life of an injured party
- $1.5 million award for victim of exposure to repeated trauma
- Initiated national class action on behalf of law enforcement officers against a federal agency for race, age and disability discrimination
- Obtained several hundred thousand dollar arbitration settlement for executive forced out of his firm for opposing improper contracting practices
- Obtained over two hundred thousand for legal malpractice for individual
- Obtained results recently for a party deprived of payments under a government contract
- Obtained consumer settlement for defective automobile against dealership
- Obtained settlement for employee discriminated against in a federal agency
- Wrongful death settlement against surgeon for failure to resuscitate patient
With background in complex litigation and advising, as well as leadership in government, our lawyers can provide reasoned, rounded advice, and when you have to go the distance – they are super lawyers who win in catastrophic injury, class action, financial fraud, employment discrimination, unfair competition, trade secret and intellectual property matters, government investigations, whistleblower claims, and government contracts and contracts disputes.
From our offices located in the heart of downtown Washington, D.C. (three blocks from the White House, one block from the Farragut North and two blocks from Farragut West Metro Stations), we represent individuals, businesses and associations based in the District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, California, Missouri, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Kansas and elsewhere in the United States and abroad.
The information on this website is presented for informational purposes only, and no legal or other professional advice or service is being rendered. You should consult a licensed attorney if you have a specific situation requiring legal advice.